So how fast is it? Our Team rider Alexander Stertzik has been using it in 2019 and competed in several races in Switzerland (SUP Tour Schweiz) and finished each time 1st place in the inflatable division 14ft. These are fields of roughly 20-50 participants ranging of boards like Starboard Airline, Red Paddle Race, Airboard Rocket, etc, etc. Because the start sometimes was together with the 14ft hardboards he also finished some occasions as the 2nd or 3rd in the hardboard division. Together with Alexander Stertzik we further improved the shape for 2020 and switched from normal drop stitch to woven drop stitch, making the boards another 30% lighter.
Let’s get into detail
One important detail of the board lies in the thickness. Almost all other inflatable race boards are 6 inch thick (15cm) because that is simply what most factories can offer to the brands regarding woven dropstich. We searched and found a producer of 5 inch woven dropstich. Hence the FIT OCEAN FORCE 14ft is only 5 inch thick (12 cm). The thickness might seem a small difference but on the water it makes a great difference in stability. Imagine standing on a high object on the water. Or on a low object. The lower is more stable. Another stabilizer is the carbon rod in the middle. This massive carbon rod simply does not bend even at 100 kg. and has a breakstrength of 500 kg. With stability taking care of, by the board you can fully concentrate on your stroke, competitor, buoys, water circumstances, etc. Last but not least the shape of the hull, the 7.9 kg lightweight woven drop stitch, together with the cutting nose makes the boards glide longer and are lighter to keep you on a high average speed. All designed to go faster and have a better chance of scoring a great result in a race. We highly recommend to use your board also for each allround paddle session as it is stable enough for doing so and that way you get used to the board, which helps for racing. FIT OCEAN go hard.
(1) Large wheelie backpack with 2 wheels on one side and the comfortable padded straps on the other side so they don’t drag over the floor. Ventilated sidewall so you don’t have to dry your board.
(2) Best quality pump by BRAVO (model 4) with double/ single action modus for fast and comfortable inflation. Because the pump can do 2 bar (30 psi), has an ergonomic handle and footrest, it is easy to reach the recommended pressure of 1 bar (15 psi).
(3) English and german manual with set-up, maintenance, technic and safety tips
(4) Single US Box fin touring/ Race shape. We tested against xxx USD fins and found little difference paddling. Only when downwinding (speeds >17 kmh then the fin change is noticeable)
(5) Spanner to tighten your valve once a year
(6) Full carbon rod + 3 screws per rod + IKEA key to tighten in 1 minute.
14’x26”x5” (426x66x12cm); 7.9 kg. boardweight; 300 liter boardvolume.; Total size when in backpack 90x40x30cm; Total weight: board+paddle+pump=10 kg.
(1) The carbon nose has crash proof and is problem-free in production on the 14ft model for over 1 year now. It is a separate fixed attachment over the PVC hull. Meaning a scratch or hole in the carbon nose (which can be easily repaired) means the SUP is still air-tight.
(2) Scratch free printing
(3) Elastic bungee rope for storage of bags
(4) Large handle for comfort while carrying +
(5) Full carbon rod
(6) Valve which closes automatically after pumping (quality product by Halkey-Roberts)
(7) Tail-pad with EVA logo and high kick-pad for pivot-turns, Rubber with board specifications
(8) Extra strong leash-ring construction, so the board can be used in waves
(9) The bottom of the carbon nose has an extra kevlar protection against scratching
(10) Scratch free printing
(11) Single US Box fin easy to use (universal system). Touring shape. Special US Box with less drag
(1) Best quality ultra stiff drop stitch core
(2) Extra strong Tarpaulin Deck
(3) Extra strong Tarpaulin Bottom
(5) First layer railband
(6) Second layer railband
(7) UV-sunlight protection coating
(8) 179K ZEBEC best glue on the market
(9) Produced in a factory with German standards
(10) Besides factory checks, FIT OCEAN does an additional 100% check on each board
(11) 3 years warranty leakproof Board
(12) PVC Tarpaulin material conform the EU’s REACH health regulations