It`s raining outside. Dark clouds over the Rigi mountain in Switzerland.
The view is beautiful and dramatic. Rain splashes against the windows.
Nearly lunch time. We are craving for something that reminds of nice weather in the Mediterranean.
What we came up with, was a warm vegetable salad with a chicken breast filled with pest in a an almond crust coating.
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast.
- 1 table spoon pesto
- Garlic powder or 1 fresh chopped garlic clove
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1 handful of arugula salad
- 2 big brown mushrooms
- Slice the chicken breast in the length. Not all the way, so it opens like a butterfly.
- Season the outside with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Turn the breast around and fill with pesto.
- You can keep the chicken breast closed with a tooth pick.
- In a shallow bowl put in the egg white. In another bowl the almond flour.
- Dip the chicken breast in the egg white and then press both sides on the almond flour. Making sure that the chicken breast is totally covered with the almond flour.
- In a skillet heat the butter and fry the chicken breast on both sides, until the inside is no longer pink.
- While the chicken is on, heat another skillet. Add 1 table spoon of peanut oil.
- Fry the vegetables (except for the arugula salad) until nearly soft.
- Add the arugula salad.
- Stir-fry for another minute.